Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Best Take- Out & Delivery / Lunch

I have to be honest with you- I'm a little conflicted about writing this post. As the self proclaimed "Mayor of The Valley," I feel as though it's my job to seek out the absolute best places the valley has to offer and share them with you. I truly believe Healthyca is one of those places, but it comes with a fair warning. (More on this later)

I absolutely love the food at Healthyca (pronounced Hel-the-ka) it's super delicious and about as close as the valley gets to a health conscious eatery. I crave their quinoa and will drive out of my way to go get it at least once a week. The Albacore Tuna Salad (adorned with roasted beets, white beans, black olives,tomatoes, potatoes, and a perfect hint of tarragon) is my absolute favorite thing on the menu- and I can't say enough about their homemade salad dressings! (Lemon olive oil, low fat citrus, lime cilantro) YUM.
Healthyca offers a wide variety of sandwiches, hot chicken & fish dishes, and they have a ton of veggie & vegan options. Another plus-- freshly made to order juices and the most delicious green tea I have ever tasted. The food here is unique and introduces your taste buds to exotic flavor combinations-- I HIGHLY recommend you give it a try.

BUT you must be warned...the people who work here are not warm & fuzzy. You will not be greeted with a "hello" or a "how are you" or a "F*ck You" - for some reason they employ workers who have zero personality and who appear to want to put a bullet in their temple. Believe me, I have TRIED to get these people to warm up to no avail- it's futile.

Just call, order your food to-go or have it delivered, and then get the hell out of there. Trust me.

Healthyca
4724 Lankershim Boulevard
North Hollywood, CA 91602-1804
(818) 505-1035

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100% - we always ordered this when I worked in Burbank - the Healthyca salad w/quinoa side is fantastic....just allow 45 - 60 min for delivery!

    ReplyDelete