Monday, December 7, 2009

Best Manicure/Pedicure

I have always been a freak about my nails, you will never see this Valley Girl with a chipped manicure or unpolished toes. After many years of searching I truly believe that I have found the best.

I have decided to break this post into two parts....my first pick is a no frills spot that simply gets the job done, the second place is the whole shebang complete with a glass of champagne.

Hands down (pun intended) the best and most consistent manicure/pedicure is @ Sweet Dreams in Sherman Oaks given by Linda Vu. I have been going to her for years and she is incredible. No joke, your manicure will last for an entire week or more and the pedicure results seem to be endless.
Don't forget, this is my no frills pick- that means, no fancy chairs, no massage, no flower designs, etc. Linda gets you in and out in an hour and only charges $35.
Let's keep this valley secret between us, I'm worried I won't be able to get an appointment;)

Linda Vu @ Sweet Dreams
(818) 331-8328
13528 Ventura Boulevard,
Sherman Oaks, CA

Now, for the ultimate girl experience...The Painted Nail has all you want and more.
It's the kind of place that you want to hang out at all day even after your nails are painted pretty. Owner Katie is super adorable and is very attentive to all of your needs. (She also makes a mean cocktail called Scooby Snacks which is to die for!!!)

The Painted Nail has a variety of delicious scrubs and lotions to choose from and they don't use those icky spa chairs. (Which may appear glamorous but are just a breeding ground for nasty bacteria--GROSS) They provide you with your own nail kit to avoid cross contamination, free Wi-Fi, free parking, as well as a mini bar offering mixed drinks, champagne, coffee, tea etc.

They also have a fantastic party room that is available for birthday parties, bachelorette parties, or just a fun girls night out. (Editors Note: I have in fact had a party in this awesome room, and it was soooo much fun! I mean, they have karaoke-- need I say more??)

The Painted Nail
(818) 783-2022
13327 Ventura Boulevard
Sherman Oaks
CA
91423

1 comment:

  1. Just found this :)Wow, Thank You so much!! And yes, I do make a mean Scooby Snack ;) hahahaa

    ReplyDelete