Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Raw Deal


I'm not gonna lie, but the first time I heard about SunPower Natural Cafe I completely wrote it off. I'm all for eating healthy, but the raw/vegan combo of this joint made me a little nervous.
But as your unofficial Valley Girl Representative, I decided I needed to check it out. (Plus, it's the new year and lord knows my badunkadunk could use a kale salad.)

I swear on the EIGHT ONE EIGHT this place is amazing!!! Truly! I stand corrected Raw/Vegan-ites: your food is fab.

My meal started out with the Sweet Kale Shake (before you gag, keep reading!) This yummy treat is packed full of vitamins and minerals (Beta Carotene, Vitamin K, Vitamin C & Calcium) and tastes like a vanilla milkshake with almost no trace of kale. For lunch I split the Kale Colossus Salad (Sunflower "sausage," marinated mushrooms, red peppers and onions, nacho "cheese," cashew cheese, sliced bananas and cranberries) and the Italian Sandwich (Sunpower "sausage" sundried marinara, cashew cheese & veggies served on a fluffy wheat bun) and it was BEYOND delicious. My fellow 818 girlfriend and I were blown away by how un- veganish it all was.

Sunpower's mission is that they "don't fry it, kill it or overcook it. All dishes are dairy-free and most are gluten free and low glycemic." They also make all of their own dressings, sauces, pizza crusts and burgers from scratch with fresh, organic ingredients that are not only taste amazing, but are nutrient dense and good for you!

When your body is craving something healthy- get your booty to Sunpower Natural Cafe. If I'm wrong, there is an In & Out across the street;)

SunPower Natural Organic Cafe
3711 Cahuenga Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604
(818) 308-7420
sunpowernatural.com

3 comments:

  1. YES...I love this place. Okay, I'm back in town so we need to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! How are we not best friends? I'm a super foodie who lives in the 818 as well!!! Long live valley girls with discerning taste buds :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we just found your blog! it is great! we are valley girls and proud of it. you have to come check out pergolina some time. we have been in business for 20 years now! would love to chat valley spots with you anytime. door is always open!

    we will keep checking out your blog for more sweet valley hot spots!

    ReplyDelete