Monday, January 3, 2011

Too Drool For School


Two years ago, I confessed to my husband A.K.A "Valley Guy" (let's never tell him I call him that -mmmkay?) that I had never tried Indian food. He couldn't believe this news and within minutes I was devouring an assortment of curry delights.
I LOVED it.
The flavors, the spices, the butter! I have always felt super guilty about indulging in Indian cuisine- it can't possibly taste that delicious and be good for me, right?
That was until I discovered the healthiest most amazing Indian spot- right here in the old 818!

Family owned and operated, Gangadin has been serving up mouthwatering food since 1984.
Every dish is cooked from scratch with no MSG, butter, sugar, preservatives or animal fat added. All of their sauces (green mint chutney, tamarind sauce and mango chutney) are fresh and flavorful and available for purchase every Sunday at the Studio City farmers market.
Gangadin imports Basmati rice, Basmati Brown Rice, gram flour, organic wheat flour and spices directly from India. Their samosas are handmade and I literally have no words for the warm garlic naan.

Vegans flock to this place (one hipster we spoke with comes all the way from Silverlake to get his tofu curry on) as Gangadin truly cares about your weird eating habits and does whatever they can to accommodate you.

Delivery is hassle free and speedy and they even have an iPhone app so u can order Tikka Masala on the fly.

Gangadin
12067 Ventura Place
Studio City, CA 91604
818-509-0722
gangadin.biz

No comments:

Post a Comment