Monday, August 16, 2010

That's A Wrap


I'm not gonna lie... every once in awhile, I will come across a find that I love so much- I like to keep it to myself. Call me selfish (you wouldn't be the first) but sometimes it just takes me a second to share my good fortune.

This has been the case with the Tarzana Armenian Deli. My husband and I discovered this diamond in the rough a few years ago, and we have been addicted ever since.

Tarzana Armenian Deli is the self proclaimed "Home of the Original Pita Wrap" and let me assure you, they definitely know what they are doing when it comes to wrapping. They will stuff anything in there from cajun turkey to cheesesteak to grape leaves. (More on those later.)

Each wrap comes with your choice of white or wheat pita (carbo-phobic? They will wrap it in lettuce for you!) all the veggie fixings, and my favorite part.... string cheese!! Yeah you heard me, string cheese.

They also serve a monster sized falafel plate, greek salad, baba ghanoush, hummus, tabouli, baked eggplant, and the most delicious lemon infused grape leaves I have ever tasted. Whatever you do... do not miss out on these!!

Brothers JT & Jim opened the original Tarzana location in 1973 and later the Studio City location in 1999. Chances are you will see one of these siblings wrapping up some goodness for you during the lunch hour rush. Don't forget to tell them that Valley Girl sent you;)

Prices are fantastic, service is speedy and they serve Tab. Do I need to say more?

Tarzana Location:
18598 Ventura Blvd
Tarzana, CA 91356
(818) 225-1854

Studio City Location:
11288 Ventura Blvd
Studio CIty, CA 91604
(818) 487-7168

www.tagdeli.com
www.facebook.com/TarzanaArmenianDeli

No comments:

Post a Comment